There are many nutrition facts out there that i’m pretty sure you didn’t know like did you know how many hamburgers are sold every second or that once time ago the chocolate was used as main source for payment?
Check this interesting collection of nutrition facts and feel free to comment every each one of them. Have fun. 🙂
1. The oldest cheese is 3,500 years old, while the oldest soup goes back far as 8,000 years. (It was made from pigeons). (ㆆ_ㆆ)
2. Apples, pears and plums belong to the family of roses.
3. 70% of the olive oil sold in the markets is not pure olive oil. (Lose weight with the help of olive oil)
4. Long time ago the chocolate was used as primary payment method.
5. In Japan they sell ice cream made from fresh horse meat. (I need someone to confirm this for me please).
6. The red color in the food industry is made from insects.
7. In Sardinia, some types of cheese are deliberately infected with worms so they can achieve greater aroma.
8. The poison produced by the Fugu fish is 1,200 times stronger than the cyanide.
9. McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers in a second, worldwide.
10. In the 19 century the ketchup was used as treatment for diarrhea.
11. If taken in larger quantities, the nutmeg can cause hallucinations.
12. Honey can never spoil.
13. The form of the pretzel was inspired by the form of the hands during prayer.
14. There are 7,500 types of apple in the world.
15. Fresh vegetable has larger nutrition value than the cooked vegetable with exclusion for the cooked tomatoes and carrots prepared in oil.
16. Well baked piece of meat, especially the roasted part, contains a much greater level of carcinogens than the partial or poorly roasted meat. Same applies for the crust of bread.
17. The taste of chewing gum is achieved by integration of vanilla, wintergreen and laurel.
18. Pop-corns are older than 6,000 years.
19. The fat from the meat can be more easier separated from it if the meat is partially frost.
20. To be able to reach a therapeutic effect from the green tea you should consume 4-5 cups of tea daily.
21. Bananas wont become darker in color if you previously coat them with lemon juice or if you store them in the fridge.
22. The green salad in its substitution contains 90% of water which means its nutritional value is minimal.
23. Two cups of juice mixture made from apple, pears, carrot and celery can have the same or even double effect as any other laxative.
24. Most known smell around the world is the smell of coffee.
25. The almonds belong to the family of peaches.
26. The black pepper is the most famous spice in the world.
27. Capsaicin, an ingredient that gives a chilly taste to food, can be easily neutralized by the casein protein which is found in the milk.
28. The pineapple is not one single fruit but actually a group of berries which grow together.
29. The cheese is the top stealing food in the world.
30. Before the refrigerator was invented, people were putting live frog in the milk to keep it fresh. (Yuk…)
We hope that you were amazed and left with your jaws dropped from these nutrition facts. 🙂 You maybe know some others which are not mentioned above? Write them in the comments bellow and be sure to share these funny nutrition facts with you friends. Stay well.