Turmeric is a spice made from the root of the Turmeric Long plant, most known because of its health properties. This plant originates from India, but it also grows in the Caribbean.
It is one of the most powerful natural medicines, which power stems from its main ingredient – curcumin. It is used as a spice in home cooking, mostly with beans, lentils, peas, potatoes or rice dishes. It is also used as a tea.
Turmeric is widely applied in Indian cuisine but also in other countries of South Asia. Because of its health properties, this spice is lately used in the kitchens of many other countries, especially the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Besides ordinary turmeric, there are yellow and black turmeric. These species are very rare and they are very rarely used.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
In Ayurveda, turmeric is listed as a drug that has major therapeutic effects on many diseases. Curcumin structure was fully established in 1910, although its first isolate was made exactly two centuries ago. Still, all the scientific research that have been made over the past 50 years, confirmed all its positive features.
Turmeric has a strong anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effect, which makes it effective in the prevention and treatment of many malignant diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, allergies, diabetes, arthritis and others.
- Turmeric prevents melanoma appearance.
- It kills existing cancer cells and prevents from further development.
- It prevents breast cancer occurrence.
- It also prevents prostate cancer.
- Turmeric reduces the risk of childhood leukemia. (Another great alternative is the beetroot)
- It cleans the liver.
- It destroys accumulated amyloidosis in the brain, which prevent or delay the progress of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Disinfect wounds and burns.
- Accelerates wound healing and quickly restores damaged skin.
- Acts as a natural remedy for pain.
- Prevents thyroid cancer.
- It regulates metabolism and helps keep up your weight.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Untreated arthritis, rheumatism and ulcers.
- Untreated depression. (How to fight depression)
- Turmeric is good in the psoriasis and other skin disorders treatment.
- Kills parasites, toxins and fat in the body.
According to the scientists, Turmeric is a powerful natural remedy they called “wonder of nature”. It has been used as a solution to many health problems. Realizing used more than 2,500 years only proves its miracle powers.
You can buy Starwest Botanicals Organic Turmeric Root Powder here.